Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Non Date "Date"

nondate1

So after brushing him off for weeks and canceling two dates I finally decided to meet "M" for real real. Now this is despite that creepy feeling left over from that convo that made me cancel the first two times. He swears I didn't give him a chance and being another single parent we can get along. Ok

So I get dressed, call him to tell him we're on the way...of course I bring baby...and off I goooooo right into the lunch time rush in the downtown brooklyn area. What was I thinking?! That was such a bad timeframe and bad place to meet.

First it's super crowded and trying to get around with a stroller is not easy. Second meeting in front his job at the Law School means I have to scan a sea of white guys to try and locate him. Mind you I just saw his photo once and I have no idea what he looks like in real life now.

So I try to find a pay phone to call him and then discover I left my change purse home. *deep breath* Now I have to go around asking for change. Did I mention I'm in downtown brooklyn during the lunch hour? The lines in all the stores are out the doors. Ok. I started asking strangers, who look at me like I'm crazy. *deep breathe*

I check on Daniel...he's fine...waving his arms around babbling and enjoying the sights. Ok, I go back to the Law School, go inside and tell my sad story to the security guard. I'm here to meet someone, no I don't know his last name, no I don't know his department, yes I have a number *ding* The security guard shakes his head but he calls for me. *sigh of relief* I get "M" on the phone and ask him to come meet us...his response?

"M" says, I've already waited around 1 hour for you sweetheart (condensing tone)

I just trekked crosstown with a baby to meet this guy and he can't even spare 5 minutes to come down stairs for me?! Hmm. I held the phone for a few secs, took a deep breathe and said...Fine, no problem...then I hung up. I thanked the security guard and then left without so much as a glance back. There's nothing there I need to bring into the life Daniel and I share.

0 comments: