Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, May 8, 2010

Joys & Pains of Mothers Day Breakfast

Today Daniel and I met grandma for breakfast in honor of Mother's Day. Well at least in my mind that why we met. In truth Daniel just wanted breakfast, my mother just wanted to see Daniel and I just wanted an easy way out of doing something for my mom for Mother's Day. Hey I'm being honest.


Now my mom couldn't have picked a worse day to visit. It was pouring rainy this morning! I tried talking her out of it but since we're a quick stop on her way home from work...Daniel and I had no real excuse. LOL

After meeting up we picked the closet place to eat which was a local McDonalds and settled in. As Daniel devoured his pancakes and eggs, grandma gushing over him and nagged me. How much he's grown, why did I cut his hair, why do I still show my gray hair, etc *sigh*

As I looked over at Daniel I wondered if in a few years when he takes me out for breakfast for Mother's Day... will I nag him also?

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

3 comments:

Yakini says:
at: May 20, 2010 at 6:52 AM said...

Haha, I'm sure you will... and me too - it's just what moms do!

Daniel is tearing up those pancakes & cakes! Lmao! Yumm!!!!!

When my mom comes to visit its: "Why are you feeding him that? He should only be eating organic. Is that baby apple juice? So how much weight have you gained so far? You need to throw out those leggings." Etc!!!

I enjoy the visit while it lasts, but when its time for her to leave I.AM.READY!!!! LOL!!!

Yakini says:
at: May 20, 2010 at 6:54 AM said...

Oops, Typeo: cakes = eggs

That's what happens when you're loudly bellowing out the "Go Diego Go" song and dancing, while also trying to type/post a comment!

Nikki says:
at: May 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM said...

LOL, I knew what you meant. Yeah he sure can eat and loves pancakes :) Glad I'm not the only one who gets some nagging from her mom. I think your right, we're so going to nag out kids when it's out turn. LOL