Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, December 20, 2009

Daniels First Official Snow Day

Today the snow storm hit the NYC area covering everything is whiteness. With a few days left before xmas you can say the storm happened right in the nick of time for a white xmas. As I watched the snow fall I remembered a similar storm happening last year. At the time Daniel wasn't walking yet, but I remember thinking next year he will be able to play in the snow.


Well, here is his time. With this years snow storm Daniel can have his first "official" snow day. Now he can walk, run, touch and even taste the snow. So with excitement I dressed him in layers including a full body snow suit. I also dressed him in an adorable hat and gloves set from The Children's Place we recently received.

The hat had a bill and flaps on the side to cover his ears but with no pieces to tie. I liked that cause Daniel is always pulling off his hat and I'd rather it come off easy then to semi choke him. The gloves are made out of fleece like the hat but also has Thermolite insulation and a textured strip for secure gripping. How cool right? These would be Daniels first gloves!


So now that we're dressed, we went out the door and into the snow. As I placed Daniel in the snow, he had a different reaction then I thought. He stood there for a few minutes just looking around and then...started crying. Whaaaaaa. Hmm. I tried showing him how fun the snow is but he wasn't going for it. He wanted out of the white stuff and now, now, now.

To make matters worse he refused to walk in or next to the snow. He insisted I picked him up and carry him. So before the neighbors started asking why I was being a mean mommy, I just picked him up. We did a short walk around the block with my sister and then went back home. So much for having a child who's a snow bunny. Maybe next year.

Please Note: The hat & glove set was a sample sent for me to review. No other compensation was provided

0 comments: