Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where Is Nikki

I know, I know I've been bad. It's never my intention to go MIA but it happens time to time. But to be fair I did start a new job and had to learn how to cope with being with adults talking about clients, presentations and all that adult work stuff. Ironically what I wanted was to be with my son playing in the park. Sadly there is no pre-return to work course on adjusting to this change. Seriously someone should start one!

Anyway, do you remember the Where's Waldo series? Gosh I loved those books. Did you know on the website you can design your own waldo like avatar? Of course for the sake of this blog I took time out to make one of me. Ha, ha. Isn't she hot and stylish with her camera?!

So now let play a game of "Where's Nikki"....or more importantly "What is Nikki Doing" because while I have been neglecting my blog I haven't been doing nothing.

  1. I started working (duh) and had to learn to juggle drama with finding the right type if childcare for my son. There's so many blogs sitting in draft about my childcare issues it's not funny. I'm actually surprised that no one has spoke about the need to chose the right style of childcare.

  2. I started writing articles for different sites online. This idea sorta developed over time as I discovered I can rant and rave about issue outside the mixed race community. Ok, ok, I'm not really ranting or raving but I am sharing my thoughts on issues surrounding single parents and specifically single moms

  3. I'm starting new projects for myself and the asian black community... separately. As things develop in my mommy life I'm finding the community isn't the focus point it use to be. While I'm still passionate about the issue facing my community it's time I started separating in some areas so other's can be challenged to step up and contribute. Being a mom is my community focus now.

  4. I was invited to attended alot of blog events. Now I'm working on bunches of reviews and giveaways for my mom readers. With the holiday season fast approaching I want to find gift ideas that work for us. What does that mean? I'm excited to share gifts that can be personalized! I'm not talking about initials or basic things like that....I'm talking names, photos, and get this...skin tone! Yup, direct representation of what MY community of moms, children and families look like.

  5. Lastly, I've been spending all my free time with Daniel =)

See folks I've been doing stuff not just sitting around eating yummy delicious Okra and Saltfish with Dhal on the side. Speaking of...I gotta get some more of that. Anyway, lots of cool and exciting things coming up for Blasian Baby Notes and The Mommy Factor so subscribe via email for updates

1 comments:

Yakini says:
at: September 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM said...

Wow, you've been a busy little bee!!!!! I can relate.

Congrats on the new gig- I'm sure it's bittersweet though, as obviously staying at home with the babe would be wonderful as well.

I hope you share links to some of the other sites you blog for - would love to read some of those articles as well.