Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Haters, Me and My Blasian Baby

Notice the title of this blog? I'm going to talk about haters or to use the correct term people who are jealous.  Now the jealous mentality is not something I truly understand or even worry about. I mean come on... anything someone else has that your wanting...you can get. 

I don't understand how you can take a look at someone else and dislike them because you feel your lacking in something.  Get off your butt and do something so you can be proud that you now also have something.  Now what does all of this have to do with me and Daniel?

Well today I have an interesting "is that your baby" story to share.  I'm thinking of giving these stories their own section. LOL.  So I drag my brother to the supermarket with me.  We did the shopping and now we're heading to the checkout.  As I'm scanning the cashiers so I can avoid the one from the last supermarket "is that your baby" incident, I start telling my brother the story.  But being a man...all of 19...he just picks one and wait for the cashier to ring up the total. Since he's has the stroller with Daniel I'm right behind him. I hear the cashier start the banter of oh what a cute baby, so adorable and finally the "is that your baby"?

I'll save you the play by play but at one point she says "oh he looks chinese' and my brother explains it's his korean/black nephew. This is his sister's son. Mind you I'm there giving her the evil eye cause I know she's seen me with Daniel before!  I'm in that supermarket ALL the time. Anyway, do you know even after my brother has clearly explained everything, homegirl still says my son is chinese and thinks it's a joke! 

So I sucked my teeth...loudly...take the stroller and go off to the side to wait for my brother to finish up his flirting convo. I'm so pissed cause I don't know why people ask questions but don't want to accept the answers.

Once back home I hop on my twitter and my face book to share my story.  Of course my mommy friends on face book started adding their experinces and a dialogue was started. During the back and forth someone said the cashier was just hatn on me. At first I didn't agree but the more I thought about it and how negative the reactions are after I say "yes he's my baby" it kinda made sense.

But I still wonder why?  If these women want their own half asian babies then they should do something about it. There are billions of asian men around. They can just grab one and make her own blasian baby. Then hopefully they can stop hatn on me for mine and let me enjoy my day!

4 comments:

Unknown says:
at: June 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM said...

OMG! I can relate! Check out my ramblings of my experiences with my half Asian baby in North Carolina!

http://www.momtrend.com/2009/05/is-she-from-china.html

And I'm following from MBC!

NYC Single Mom says:
at: June 9, 2009 at 9:13 PM said...

I feel for you. My sister and I grew with that kind of ignorance our whole life. I am not even sure how I would have handled it. Ignorance knows no race.

K.W. says:
at: June 10, 2009 at 10:37 AM said...

I don't think that was "hate" and I think the term is used far too much. I think that was pure and simple ignorance. Too many people think that all Asians look alike, kinda like some ppl. think all blk. ppl. look alike and the most "known" Asian group seems to be Chinese. So, anyone who is Asian or of Asian descent then looks "Chinese" to them. If you've been around Asians before in any type of capacity it is easy to tell features that are "typically" Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Phillipino, etc. Chalk this one up to ignorance and not hate, I doubt she said your child looks Chinese because she wants a half Asian baby, but because she is an ignorant twit!

P.S. I'll be adding your button to my blog!

Juanita Harris says:
at: June 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM said...

I wish the best for you and your little one. Unfortunatly there are still people out there like that.

~Nita (Mom Bloggers Club)