Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, July 8, 2012

Does My Son Like Big and Chunky Girls?

Today we went to the playground. Nothing out the ordinary about that. As usual Daniel made friends with the other kids playing. Nothing out the ordinary about that either. Until I noticed one little girl had caught Daniel's attention.

Photobucket

As I watched them they started an exclusive game of tag. Which was funny because my son did 2 laps around the slide while this little girl could barely keep up with him. In all fairness my son is a bit of a athlete while this little girl.... how to put it delicately....was a bit chunky and not quite so athletic.

They held hands and ran all around the playground. They were having a great time and my son didn't seem to mind this little girl had a few extra pounds to her. That I though was interesting. Will my son have a thing for curvy girls?!

As I watched them I couldn't help but think of this scene from Madagascar 2 between Moto Moto and Gloria


Yeah I know I'm reading into it all but it's still interesting....and funny...in good way.

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

4 comments:

Anonymous
at: August 10, 2012 at 4:07 PM said...

You sounds a bit shallow as you talk about a child. I think children at such a young age don't pay attention to things like that & as a parent you shouldn't either. The problem with this world is people are so quick to point out others differences instead of embracing them. That's coming from a mother of a as you call it a chunky child.

Miranda

Nikki @ BlasianBabyNotes says:
at: August 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM said...

This post was written in a tongue and check fashion. If you take offense as a mother of a chunky child that is something on your end and not based on what I said.

But for the record why wouldn't I noticed this? Childhood obesity is a real issue that should be noticed and commented on.

While I have no problem with my son growing up and finding curvy women attractive, I hope these women are both curvy and healthy.

Anonymous
at: August 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM said...

Well I am glad you feel that way it just seem to me that you were poking fun at obese children. If I am wrong with that interpretation of your comments then ok but that is how I initially took your comments. My child is healthy.

Bicultural Mama says:
at: August 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM said...

It's great that your son doesn't filter who he will play with whether it's a bigger friend or a friend of another race (I know he has diverse friends). Kids are often great that way of not having biases that often form as they get older.