Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Monday, September 26, 2011

The Blind Privilege of White Moms

I received a very interesting reply to my tweet about what happened to me this weekend. Julie, a white mom, pointed out why some white women/moms wont get why questioning a mother of color connection to their biracial child is upsetting and rude.

White Moms Privilege

I was shocked to see something like that said (admitted) when other white moms would swear otherwise. As I traded tweets with Julie I wanted to learn more about this "white privileged blindness" some white women/moms have.

I asked Julie to share her thoughts on the subject in a guest post on the Euphoria Luv blog and she bravely wrote White Mamas, White Privilege & Racial Mental Tango

Please read the post, share a comment and start the dialogue. I think it's important that moms of color with biracial children hear/read/ understand what's really happening in the minds of some white women/moms.

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

1 comments:

Bicultural Mama says:
at: September 26, 2011 at 8:17 PM said...

Just read the post and commented on it. I think it's great she agreed to write it. I have been collecting excerpts from people about their own experiences with people judging if a woman is the mom of a child based on looks so will be publishing that soon. It's all too common unfortunately.