Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, December 17, 2011

Never Stop Learning - Dear Daniel Saturday

It's Saturday! Time for a Dear Daniel letter

Writing ABC's

Dear Daniel

I'm always amazed at how fast you can learn something. One day you don't know your ABC's and then the next day you do. One day you don't know how to say you name, then the next day you know how to say, spell AND write your name. You are always constantly learning and it's a wonderful thing.


This morning as you sat writing your letters, which seems to be your latest obsession, I watched as the letter changed from unclear scribble to clear defined shapes. Yes the letters took up most of the space on the paper. Yes you wrote on all sorts of angles instead of straight across but what you wrote is clear. I can see the A, I can see the M, I can see you figuring out how to make the lines match the shape you know the letters should be.

You want to know something? You've always been this way. Always trying to learn, always trying to do, always trying to connect what you "think" with what you "can do".

From the moment your little mind finds something of interest, it's drives you to achieve some inner goal. I sometimes wonder if that's something I passed on to you. I've been known to have tunnel vision when I want to accomplish something.

Anyway, whether this need to learn is something I passed to you or something that's just all you, I hope you remain this way...always striving to learn and achieve.

Love you always,
Your Umma

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

3 comments:

Bicultural Mama says:
at: December 18, 2011 at 11:58 AM said...

I love your letters to him. He will read these one day and they'll make him smile.

MsXpat says:
at: December 19, 2011 at 2:42 PM said...

It's great he has such determination and comment from young. I'm sure he'll continue to make you proud as the years go bye.

Anonymous
at: December 25, 2011 at 4:30 AM said...

happy holidays nikki