Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, August 13, 2011

Reevaluating Circumcision - Dear Daniel Saturday

It's Saturday! Time for a Dear Daniel letter

Circumcision
Dear Daniel

After thinking about it last night I think I might change my mind on the circumcision issue. While I still don't like the idea of someone cutting off any parts of you and having you in pain, I'm far more scared of you getting another penis related issue. I confess I don't have a clue how it feels to have a penis, much less one that isn't feeling well. But I do know how important a healthy penis is for both a man and a women.

As a mother I would feel horrible to find out my choice to keep you uncircumcised resulted in something worse happening that will affect your adult life. Ugh, just the thought makes me wanna cry.

I can't imagine you not being able to enjoy a healthy sexual relationship. Yes I really did write that so stop blushing. By the time your old enough to read these letters, I'm sure you'll already know the basics about sex and females.

But beyond having a healthy sexual relationship, I'm also thinking about your body image. Again I don't know personally but I heard it whispered from a few guys I know that a male's penis is very important to him. Somehow a penis is tied into who and what a guy thinks he is.

My son I have no idea how that connection works but I don't want to deny you this aspect of male psychology, or worse have you live life with a negative body image.

So when we meet with the urologist in a few days I will listen and be open to all the options available to treat your condition. My main goal is to get your penis back to normal working condition. If after examining all options we find the only solution left is circumcision, then my son I will accept and make that choice based on love.

As your mom it's my duty to love and safeguard all parts of you till adulthood. Yes even the parts I'm completely clueless about.

Love you always,
Your Umma

Like this article? Subscribe to the RSS feed or for email updates!

4 comments:

Anonymous
at: August 15, 2011 at 2:54 PM said...

Just like any good mom would do! Bravo my friend!

jabes says:
at: November 2, 2011 at 1:35 PM said...

As a man with a penis and an infant child, I feel you. I say get it done, for his sake. BTW, LOVE your blog ma'am. One question, what do Koreans think of you and your child?

Nikki says:
at: November 3, 2011 at 6:11 AM said...

Koreans have no problems with my son. They accept him and try to feed him just like if he was full Korean. LOL

Unknown says:
at: August 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM said...

Your comment about feeding him made me laugh! Everytime we visited my mother my stepdad felt the need to feed her constanly! He would go on special grocery trips for "Sara's food".