Copyright © Mixed Family Life
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dear Kid Saturday – For the Love of Nursing

It's Saturday! Time for a Dear Daniel letter

Dear Daniel

This morning we had another wrestling sessions over you wanting to nurse and me not letting you. I cant figure out what happened to the self weaning stage you went thru a few months back. We were doing so well. You were down to just night time nursing and some nights didn't even need it. But after the move we're back to you trying to nurse all the time. Hmm.

Please try and understand it's not that mommy doesn't want to comfort you. I know you nurse when your upset about something but we need to find other ways to calm you. I've tried hugging and rocking, singing and dancing ad even as a last resort...bribing with raisins. So far your favorite soothing method is the raisins but they will only last 1.05oz worth. Hmm

So for now we'll negotiate the nursing schedule. I'll allow it at night so I don't have to worry what the neighbors think of a child crying his headoff. Plus I want to get some sleep. But you have to ease up on the reaching in my shirt to grab a boobie when we're outside. Deal?

Love you always,
Your Umma

3 comments:

Quiskaeya says:
at: February 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

Yeah I've resorted to extending my stalking of you on your blog too! Where. Are. You???

As for Daniel wanting to nurse more since the move, I dealt with this with my lil guy too. I think something about change makes them feel a bit clingy and the first place they go to for comfort is that nice warm place under mama's bosom. Give him sometime to adjust and I'm sure he'll be back to self-weaning. Here's to hoping...

BTW- guess who is full weaned now?? You got it! I'm thrilled (although at times I miss the bonding). I'm showing off..hehe

Anonymous
at: February 3, 2010 at 6:08 PM said...

hey nikki..when r u gonna be posting abt the mcdonald incident???? been waiting for what feels like forever!!!!

T.Allen says:
at: February 6, 2010 at 5:10 PM said...

Has your little Daniel picked up on a new developmental milestone recently? My last child self-weaned at 3.5..it was one step forward and two stpes back. Each time she mastered something new, she came back to the breast for nurturing. Good luck...